Fall is almost here, and as the leaves begin to change and the temperature starts to drop, there’s another thing that marks the change of seasons, too—the switch from cooling to heating equipment. While we’re definitely going to have a few hot days before the chilly weather really sets in, it’s important to get your HVAC system ready now, so that it’s fully functional when you really need it. Fortunately, our HVAC pros at Bay Heating & Air Conditioning have your fall HVAC maintenance checklist right here. Read on for what you need to know, and remember that when it comes to all things HVAC, you can trust Bay Heating & Air Conditioning.
10 Simple Maintenance Tasks You Should Perform to Help Your HVAC System This Fall
- Clean leaves and debris off outdoor HVAC units.
- Clean the area around your heating system, making sure it isn’t obstructed by anything.
- Check and replace necessary HVAC filters.
- Replace your humidifier’s filters, thereby strengthening your indoor air quality.
- Turn on your furnace or other heating system to make sure it’s running correctly.
- Inspect your boiler or other system’s heat exchanger for leaks, ensuring you don’t end up needing an emergency repair over the next few months.
- Inspect refrigerant lines, so your AC does not experience a leak while it isn’t being used.
- Patch up any holes in your insulation to help lock in temperatures over the winter and maintain energy efficiency.
- If you have a chimney, have it cleaned to prevent the possibility of a fire occurring.
- Consider calling a technician to perform a final maintenance check.
To schedule maintenance service or for other questions about your HVAC system’s functionality, call (440) 294-4954. You can also contact us online, and don’t forget to ask about available specials and financing opportunities.