HVAC Service Call Checklist
Checklist Before Calling for Heating or AC Service in Westlake
Bay Heating & Air Conditioning truly cares about saving you money and providing you with excellent customer service. To ensure you have a seamless appointment with our heating and cooling technicians, we've compiled a list of things to check before we arrive. We hope this checklist will help you better understand your HVAC system and allow you to formulate questions to ask our professionals. Of course, we'll help you with any heating or cooling issues you encounter and will gladly address all of your concerns.
- Check for sufficient airflow by checking the air filter for dirt. If the furnace filter is dirty, change it and see if this fixes the problem.
- Check for blocked return-air or supply-air grilles. Be sure they are open and unobstructed.
- Check your thermostat to make sure the switch is in the heat/cool position. Make sure your thermostat is set above room temperature to make the furnace/air conditioner come on.
- Locate the external manual gas valve in the gas supply pipe that leads to the furnace. Is this lever parallel with the pipe, indicating that the valve is open? Or is the lever at a right angle, indicating that the valve is closed? If closed, has the gas been shut off for safety reasons?
- The control access door on the furnace must be closed to permit furnace operation.
- Check to make sure the electrical power supply is on.
- Are any fuses blown, or has a circuit breaker tripped?
- If the manual ignition (continuous) pilot system pilot flame is out, call Bay Heating & Air Conditioning for service.
- If you have a Carrier down-flow furnace, check the manual reset auxiliary limit switch located on the top right-hand corner of the furnace. If the blower motor fails, this switch will shut off the furnace. Reset it by pushing the button on the switch. If it trips again, shut down the furnace and call Bay Heating & Air Conditioning for service.
Call Bay Heating & Air Conditioning’s service department for troubleshooting and repairs. Specify the product and serial numbers of your furnace. If we know exactly which furnace you have, we may be able to offer suggestions over the phone, or save valuable time through knowledgeable preparation for the service call.