During those hot Ohio summer days, you want to be sure your home is comfortable. There is nothing like an AC system to keep you nice and cool when temperatures are rising. Depending on the size and layout of your home, size of your family, and climate you live in, you might want to invest in either ductless or ducted air conditioning.
Ducted Air Conditioning
Ducted AC systems are also known as central air conditioning systems. From one central location, cooled air is sent through the ducts to regulate the temperature in all rooms. This ensures that every room is air conditioned equally, at the same temperature settings. This type of system provides uniform air conditioning, so you can keep your entire home cool throughout the day.
A ducted AC might be best for your home if:
- Your home already has ducts
- You want better control of the humidity in your home
- You want better air flow
- You prefer the look of a unit outside of your home, rather than individual units in every room
- You want to reduce maintenance costs
Ductless Air Conditioning
Ductless AC systems are also referred to as mini-splits or individual air conditioning systems. With this type of system, individual units are placed in each room. In every room, the unit operates independently, only regulating the temperature in that specific room. Ductless air conditioning allows you to set different temperature settings in various rooms, which is perfect for homes with infants or elderly people.
You should consider a ductless AC system if:
- There isn’t room for ducts in your home
- You are remodeling your home and adding on a room
- You want to reduce the amount of dust present in your home
- You have multiple zones in your home, each with different temperature requirements
Bring in the Experts
To determine what type of air conditioning system is ideal for your home and your family, call Bay Heating & Air Conditioning. Our HVAC professionals will inspect your home, explain your options, and perform any installation efficiently and effectively.
Contact Bay Heating & Air Conditioning at (440) 294-4954 or online to schedule an air conditioning appointment.